Wednesday, March 09, 2005

The Annoyance

People always say that when moving to a foreign country you will experience some cultural shock. I barely felt any shock, except for one thing.....mosquitos! Before while living in Chicago I rarely saw them and when I did it was only in the summer months (June-August) and even then they were only a mild annoyance. Here is a different story, there is no mosquito season. They annoy 365 24/7! In the first 2 weeks here I counted 17 bites on my arms and legs and while heading into colder weather their numbers did decrease, they are still here and still pissin me off! Tonight alone I killed 9 mosquitoes, and I only got bit once. I just don't understand it, where do they come from? Why are they attracted to me?
At least Taiwan has some nifty inventions to kill them s.o.b.'s, they have this tennis racket looking thing that is power by 2 C batteries that zaps the crap out of them and fries them to death! Over the past 5 months I have gotten quite good at using it and today I consider myself a professional. I have the skill now that I don't even need to use zapper, I can catch them in my palm of my hand and crush them to death. Next thing I'm going to master is catching them with chop-sticks(oh yeah Karate Kid style)! Here is a pic of me on the hunt wielding the zapper.


No comments: